Monday, December 27, 2010

The Golden Goose is Dead

I thought you might be interested in reading a letter I just sent to an organization which I had been supporting, financially.  Unfortunately, I was put in a position such that I had to break the relationship quite suddenly. 

Respect is paramount, and gratitude matters.  Anyone involved in solicitation or promotion of any kind - Take note.

To: The Golden Goose Foundation

Please remove my name from your mailing list and send no more solicitations.

Why would I terminate our relationship, given that I just got involved with the Golden Goose Foundation a few months ago, and I still support your goals? 

It is because you sold or otherwise disseminated my personal information. 

A week after I sent my first contribution to the Golden Goose Foundation, I began to get solicitations from every similar action group imaginable, filling my mailbox, wasting paper and my time.

You could have gotten a lot more financial support from me.  Now you will not.  I hope what you got for selling my information makes up for it.  We both know that’s not very likely.

Please remove my name from your every list, and contact me no more.


A word to the wise is sufficient. 

Gryphem

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone with something to say is welcome to post comments on Gryphem. Keep it positive if you can. Keep it clean and respectful always.