Tuesday, November 29, 2011

About That Atheism...

Let me say up front - I realize the comments below are an oversimplification, and maybe a bit unfair.  But frankly I am tired of being berated and falsely accused. 
Atheists routinely characterize persons of faith as ignorant or anti-intellectual.  They blithely blame good people who believe in God for all the wars and atrocities of history.  They sarcastically ridicule anyone who has the audacity to defy their assertion of the non-existence of God.  Their sense of self-importance is beyond reason. 
I believe that God exists, and that he makes himself known to anyone who hasn’t actively shut him out.  But do you know what I do not believe in?  I actively reject any arrogance so great and any ethos so inflexible that every person who does not share the same opinion must be mocked, scorned, and denigrated.
 Just this once, I felt like tossing the grenade back into the other foxhole.

Gryphem

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone with something to say is welcome to post comments on Gryphem. Keep it positive if you can. Keep it clean and respectful always.